Wednesday 29 February 2012

29/2/12
Happy 10 times as auspicious 80th birthday BBC World Service!!! Actually since it's February 29th it should be your 20th birthday but 80 is more lucky. :D Yay!

You've been my companion for more than 3 years and I'd like to wish you a huge load of cream puffs, coffee and cake!

We had trigonometry today. Soh Cah Toa. That's how I remember it, although my teacher prefers Toa Cah Soh. It's rather easy, although I do end up calculating the numbers way before I should. I used to do that with pi too.

After maths I went to join a Scrabble competition. More like, the National Inter-school Scrabble competition. I'm in a team with year 1s. I'm apparently the only year 2. There's quite a lot of interesting characters. There's a year 1 who slaps himself every time he swears (although that will end up encouraging him) and there was one who kept on playing some kind of squeaky voice through the speakers until the fire extinguisher found his head. (Just kidding. Somebody threatened him with it)

For physics we melted stearic acid. It's just a white powder. We already did the experiment when we were year 1s. Next thing you know the teacher's going to ask us to calculate the heat capacity of stearic acid.

I'm out of foolscap paper. I'm going to have to buy more tomorrow. Not to mention get a certain form signed. And do a lot of homework.

Just heard a bit about the Russian elections due soon. Apparently quite a few people are being discontented with Putin. Although if you ask me Putin will still be president for quite a while, unless the opposition finds a candidate that appears a strong challenger to the people. After all, most people see Putin as the person who is keeping Russia going right now. If he were to lose the presidential election (which he won't), people fear the new president won't be so effective, hence they will still stick with Putin, but not for long.

1 comment:

  1. nice. how do you calculate the heat capacity of stearic acid?

    is it through mixing a known amount of acid with fixed amount of water then measure the temperature? or some other method?

    ReplyDelete