Wednesday 2 January 2013

2/1/13
Orientation was alright. CW takes the same schoolbus as I do now. Interesting. I knew he lived in Woodlands, but I thought his parents ferried him. Oh well. Year 1s are year 2s now. And there are new year 1s in their place. They look like a fine bunch. My cousin's had his first day of secondary school. Although I can't quite picture him in NUSH uniform. (He's in Hwa Chong.)
206 has Mrs Fernandez (biology teacher) as their mentor. I'm quite glad. Mrs Fernandez will make a good mentor. And 206 should be a fine class. Not to mention she's the best biology teacher we've had. And she said to 206 that they don't want to see her mad. Not that we did. (Which is probably a good thing.)
We have a new level head. Orientation started with the principal's address, then there was this short video for the newcomers explaining the school and what to do. I was rather pissed with the "tuck out your polo shirt" bit. WILL EVERYONE STOP TELLING ME TO TUCK OUT?! IT"S GETTING ON MY NERVES!

So I'm in 303. Along with quite a few 204 people. There is a new guy in our class, he's from China. Name's Shuqi. Seems like a nice guy. Tianqi and Melvin are in our class too. Whee. This will be fun. Mentor asked us to share our saddest and happiest moments of 2012, and our New Year's Resolution.

Then we had the first house meeting of the year, then we started learning the mass dance. It's alright actually.

Have a good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment