Monday 6 January 2014

6/1/14

Chemistry quiz tomorrow. That escalated quickly. Had economics and math and chinese as well. Math teacher spent the entire lesson telling us how to behave and laying out the rules. He seems alright, though I wonder why my classmates say he looks like me. He doesn't, in case you were wondering. Module registration starts tomorrow. I want to try the Nobel module thingys. Economics just taught us about profits and revenues and marginal profits and that kind of stuff. Temperature checking tomorrow. I have been coughing so hard I'm hurting all over.
Everybody is either attacking or defending the student council on the confessions page. How interesting. Apparently there are quite a few people who think those in the student council are twats who want to have fun, and then there are those who are saying you can't expect everything of the student council, and there isn't really anyone suggesting any real improvements to orientation, which is what this debate is about. It would be much easier for everyone if orientation served to orientate the new students with the school and its workings, instead of having a slightly silly storyline, lame jokes, silly water games that acheive no real purpose other than getting everyone wet and walking around Singapore doing activities that are supposed to bring the class together even though a class party/outing probably does a better job and probably costs less as well.
CCA fair on Friday. Wonder who wants to join astronomy club. Funny thing is that it's got a lot of males and not too many females. At least not too many females that contribute substantially during competitions. Actually make that none. In fact, searching for women astronomers brings up only 140 results on Wikipedia, and the only one I actually remembered before doing the search was Caroline Herschel. I have Horrible Science to thank for that. There was also another woman astronomer who happened to be a monk and apparently died in a horrible way. I think her name was Hilda. I do suppose I should stop now. Bye.
Actually no. Module registration starts tomorrow. Oh wait I already wrote that. Oh well. Just reminding you. English, chemistry and math tomorrow. Whee. And I am required to redecorate the astronomy club notice board as well. And I'm with Pei Hui and Simrita for the economics project group thingymajig.

No comments:

Post a Comment