Saturday 14 April 2012

14/4/12
Saturday. Did I post yesterday? I can't be too bothered to check.

We had Astrigue today. We came in first for the project round, a student in our school got the highest for the MCQ, and we finished 3rd overall. Not bad.
Although I still don't understand why the Christchurch Secondary School pupils stated laughing once they looked at me.
Since its over, I can probably explain our presentation for the project round. It involved nano-particles of aluminum and ice. The resulting reaction produces quite a lot of thrust.

But last year's project was better. Apparently (because I wasn't in the team) the design was to use a shrink ray, shrink Jupiter close to its Schwarzschild radius, use it to propel an asteroid towards the Moon (helped along by several thousand nuclear missiles), at a speed of 0.03 c, and smash into the Moon to make a smiley face on its surface. The resulting gravitational shift would also cause the tides to go out of control. The cost? 12.6 quadrillion dollars.

Anyway the questions were rather ok. Some were extremely difficult though. The Data Response Questions were the worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment