Wednesday 8 August 2012

8/8/12
So, it's the day before national day. Hooray. Tomorrow's a holiday. Whee. I don't know what to do. Maybe finish up my homework. Yes, I should do that. Or go to a shopping mall. And buy Lego and stuff. Really need to keep myself occupied. Really. No, seriously I know staring at Facebook is retarded but if there's nothing else to do I just stare at my Facebook. Or watch a video. Come to think of it, why don't I watch a video?
Oh god I haven't handed up my history assignment which was due 3 days ago.
So good luck to Mary Kom, and may you win a medal that's better than bronze for women's boxing. Of course, it will be India's first medal in women's boxing, but then and again, women's boxing was only put in the Olympics this year.

And anyway, if you look at the table tennis matches most of the athletes are asian. I know some people are complaining that it's not really Singapore's athletes that are winning but China's, but if the athletes really feel at home here I see no reason why they shouldn't win a medal for our country. It's a bit like the foreigner problem (foreigners stealing jobs away from local people). And lots of people have been posting what they deem "horrible synchronized swimming" photos. Seriously. If you think that's horrible, I think that a lot of effort must have gone into the training and the design on their bodies. They're here to impress the judges, not to let random people on 9gag comment on how horrible they look. Personally, I think they look all right.
Well, fine, some of the pictures are really hilarious, but I'm quite sure the judges didn't see those.

No comments:

Post a Comment