Sunday 26 February 2012

26/2/12
Sorry for being a day late. I was too tired.

7 more months before my birthday. So I'm still 13 and a little bit less than 1/2. Yesterday we had Astronomy. Which involves staying up until 9 in the evening and looking through telescopes. The skies were clear today, so we could see Orion (and a bit of his nebula) and we could also see Jupiter and 4 of it's moons. We usually set up the telescopes on the netball court. It happens to be about 5 storeys up, so we get a better view. And despite the light pollution you can actually see quite a lot of stars (Siriusly).

The members of the Astronomy club are rather diverse. You have the somewhat weird ones who joined, well, I don't know for what reason, the rather normal ones who joined because they thought it would be a nice CCA and nice people. There's a Korean girl who apparently has a telescope for a boyfriend. I can see the benefits. For one, he wouldn't complain when you manhandle him. Not even an emission of any sort. Although it must be lonely being put away in a dry cupboard only to be used once a week.

Anyway, sorry for being late. Saturday was tiring and I had to finish quite a lot of homework. Right now I'm doing my Chinese homework which involves reading newspaper articles online, so I'm typing this while I look for something interesting. My Chinese homework is on litterbugs and the relationship between parents and teenagers these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment