Saturday 23 February 2013

23/2/13

I'm on the hostel roof right now. The weather is quite cold, and Glen is sleeping with my jacket, so I'm sitting outside the heat exchanger for the air conditioning unit. Almost everyone is asleep. They're playing Minecraft songs in the observatory. We managed to see quite a few things with the big telescope.

The observatory is rather small. It's like a metal box with a dome sticking out of it. Aiming the telescope is quite easy. You just use a computer software to point the telescope at something. Before doing that you have to yell "slew!" really loud so that everyone in the observatory gets out of the way of the rotating telescope. Then you use a remote control to fine tune the turning. Spinning the dome is quite fun. It makes an awful creaking noise. I'm going to keep this short, as my phone is running out of battery and it's really hard to type a blog post on it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi. Glen here. You keep posting about me. Why? Anyway for your information I was sleeping at around 1+ until 3.50. So basically I woke up right after you posted stuff. (I think I was the one who asked if you're going to post anything "today" - that night.)

    You seem sleepy in this post. Not enough coffee that day I presume. I saw some spelling errors here and there and that huge blank space at the bottom.

    P.S. I hope you enjoyed your first overnight session. Me and Zhen Jie looked at many stars when you were sleeping. Next time sleep around 12+, wake up around 3+. The later half of the night (day?) is much more interesting.

    I'm using my very very old pseudonym account because my commonly used email has personal stuff for blogger. Lol. Just remember that it's me here. It feels weird to comment on your blog because there are few comments out of the abundance of posts.

    ReplyDelete