Wednesday 10 April 2013

10/4/13

Please note that the below post was not made by me. But anyway, Wui Seng was so much happier when he got into the Spelling Bee Finals. Did you know? Well, now you do.
Screw you Javier. I might sic Glen on you for that.
So today we went to a plastic factory. Not a factory made out of plastic (there's a difference). So there was a lot of plastic, and there was this huge weighing scale and we tried standing on it to see the weight, but we couldn't quite see the reading. Then we went inside and there were workers throwing styrofoam into this big machine that chewed them up, then melted them and then turned it into a paste that was fed through some holes and turned into strings that went through a water bath and then got ground up and sucked into another big machine that presumably turned them into plastic stuff again.
Someone suggested throwing me in. Maybe I'd come out of that buffer.
And then we went to this other part of the factory where they were making plastic bags. So they melt plastic beads and then they make a tube by inflating the liquid plastic then they pull it up and flatten the tube until it becomes a sheet. And then we realised that the rolls of plastic had lots of static electricity and we put our heads near it and it was fun.

And then afterwards we looked at people cutting up the plastic and that was it. I didn't bring my camera so there aren't any pictures. Sorry about that. BUT YOU CAN ALWAYS GOOGLE IT. GOOGLE IS FOR LAZY PEOPLE.

So anyway today there was some funny stuff going on between Aaron and Sun Mei Jia. I'm not sure what. Apparently he apologised to her. And Bianca brought along a huge bag of aluminum cans. Too bad there wasn't any gallium around. It would have been fun. IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT THEN GOOGLE IT ALSO.

And the math teacher says there will be a 50 cent fine for everyone who says "Wa chow".

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to Wui Seng then. I was selected for my class. :P Hope I get something for that, but it's still a long time from now...

    And plastic isn't good... It's bad for your health and the environment and God knows what else. Use paper-cloth. It's the new technology. And metal bags. They're these thin aluminium sheets folded and stuck to form bags that I imagined. Wonder why you guys actually have to go there for that module... Lol...

    Ahaha gallium... I know right, friend. And no, Ms Djongianto (the current vice-chairperson of CIG) wasn't the one who brought the red plastic bag of aluminium cans (now you're wondering how come I know), but it was I! Just to clarify things a little, we need the aluminium for Open House, and there's no gallium though. But there's a mysterious green liquid (oooh! leprechauns!) that reacts with aluminium and sort of does the same thing as gallium. And I suggested that demonstration this year by submitting an appeal, how awesome right? That's why, it can be found online too. I told my dad to get 50 cans for CIG though Djongianto asked for 30, and I brought them to school this morning. My dad just spews out whatever there is around, so yeah... Anyway there's also liquid nitrogen around on that day so look out for it, yeah? Your math teacher is a nice guy. I hope you don't blame him for that.

    ReplyDelete